Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r31654 - nmap/nsock/src

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:12:26 +0200

"Henri Doreau" <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:

When I happen to break something I work with reporters until things get
fixed, despite being unable to test myself.

You're talking about patches from windows users that were not taken
seriously. We have no bug tracker and many of us only work on nmap on
their spare time. I pay attention but sometimes miss things, so If a
patch of yours didn't get noticed, well I'm very sorry but it's also up
to you to send a reminder after a while...

Henri + Jacek,

First of all. I sent you my reply to Henri privately. Now your reply is showing up on the nmap-dev mailing-list. That's not really kosher.

The patch I remember that got sent to /dev/null, was the one
regarding OpenSSL applink.c from Andrey Olkhin:
 http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q1/210

Nothing happend. Then there are several small problems. Like the use of '\' in '#include' files. This creates problems when using 'gcc' to create dependencies. And the stuff around GetIpForwardTable2()
in route-win32.c. It didn't compile with MingW the last time I tried.

That said, I'd be really glad to read your suggestions on how to do it
better if you think I'm doing something wrong, because I care about
all users and portability in general.

So if you don't have Windows, maybe you have an option to cross-compile
to MingW. If you try that, you'll probably notice the problems with all the
MSVC-centric stuff in the Win32 port of Nmap/Ncat/Nping. All the #pragma
for example. etc. etc.

--gv