Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SVN externals slowing up syncing considerably

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:19:52 -0700

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 08:55:39PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
I thought I'd report it to you, since I'm experiencing this issue for
a month now; performing "svn up" on the copy of svn.nmap.org server is
dead slow. Consider this example - the fun part is that nothing
changed here and it still took 52 seconds to sync:

Ack, don't do that. You probably don't want a working directory with the
whole repo directory structure! Just make one working copy of /nmap, one
of /nmap-exp/d33tah/ncat-lua-script, etc. I don't know anybody who
checks out the whole tree like this.

David Fifield