Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Migrating Nmap to Git (SecWiki discussion)

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 23:36:49 +0200

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 11:28:45AM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
Esteemed colleagues:

The discussion of alternative version control systems (VCS) for Nmap
has come up several times over the years. I thought that perhaps
those with feelings, thoughts, or reservations could contribute to a
discussion page I just started on SecWiki.org:
https://secwiki.org/w/Migrating_Nmap_to_Git

I would like to embrace the idea of switching to Git. The fact that I run a
git-based infrastructure and most of the other projects in which I participate
use git, makes it an easy choice for me. I think the chances are that new
contributors and new GSoC students will be more used to this DVCS as well.

I believe Gitolite would work good for us. I'm happy with it for a couple of
years. Also, for a web interface, Gitweb seems to serve a lot of well known
projects and it looks like a good choice.

--
George Chatzisofroniou