Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Factor out ftp bounce scan

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:29:04 -0600

I found a few servers on the Internet via scans.io (a great resource!)
to test, and this patch at least preserves the existing behavior. The
code could use a lot of work, and I think that moving it to a NSE
script would be a good move, even without direct "port scanning"
integration.

After my testing, I merged this in r32558. The code could use a lot of
work; it doesn't work with a few servers I found that ftp-bounce.nse
says are vulnerable (could be a bug in both programs), nor with some
that give obviously different responses for closed vs open ports.

Dan