Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-filedownload-exploiter draft

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 20:08:08 +0200

Hello Israel,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 04:29:23PM -0300, Israel Leiva wrote:
I got here for the summer of code and I've been playing around with NSE for
a while. I'm submitting a (draft) of my first script: it spiders a website
identifying forced downloads (with Content-Disposition field in the header)
and tries to do malicious requests, in particular, it tries to download
itself. I looked all the http-related scripts and none seems to do
something similar. This (as you know) happens when the file does not check
for valid extensions, thus enabling unexpected requests like download
configuration files. This is quite old but a simple google search tells me
there are still lots of bad coded websites out there. This is a proposal
and my first script, so I'm open to any suggestions :-)

Have you checked http-passwd? It is our generic directory traversal script. I
think your code fits better there.

 * The script uses a set of patterns to identify if a given URL is a
possible file download. What do you think of this? :isresource function in
httpspider could be an option to replace this.

isresource is a helper function that helps you identify the resource of a given
URL. It won't help you here since you are interested in more specific patterns.

You should override the default withinhost method and do your checks there.

--
George Chatzisofroniou