Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: SOC idea

From: Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 08:20:25 -0700

For those that are interested in this project my latest benchmarks are
showing a substantial increase in performance for scans using the -T4
option.

The scan test case: nmap -T4 -oG - localhost 10.0.2.0/24
192.168.2.0/25 (all virtual private nets as I do not have access to a
large class A, B or C to test against)

nmap:

real    3m34.218s
user    0m0.911s
sys     0m3.315s

node-libnmap:

real    2m32.158s
user    0m13.066s
sys     0m8.890s

A minute shaved off the scan, I would be interested to see a large
class A or B scan result if anyone can provide a safe block for me to
test against. Thanks!