Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE crash in socket_lock when connect used in prerule

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:39:06 -0400

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:
However, I think maybe we could be clearer about what is going wrong. Is
there some state in the Lua environment that could be checked in l_connect
or socket_lock or somewhere to print a reminder ("Socket operations not
allowed in rule functions") when this happens?

Sure there could be a clearer error. It would probably involve some
new nse_main.cc function similar to nse_base that reports the current
state of the engine.

--
Patrick Donnelly