Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sriharsha Karamchati's Status Report #2 of 13

From: Sriharsha Karamchati <leo.harsha93 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:56:14 +0530

Hi All,

This is my status report *#2 of 13*

Note: I just had 2 days to work in this week since I was away for a trip as
mentioned earlier in my mail.

*Accomplishments*:

   1. Compiled Nmap from source code on my windows machine (Got stuck with
   many errors, which got resolved eventually)
   2. Practiced programming Lua

Read these chapters in Nmap Reference guide:

   - Description
   - Options summary
   - OS Detection
   - Target Specification

*Priorities (Remains same ):*

   1. Implement some improvements to dns-ip6-arpa.nse, as describe at
   http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q2/45.
   2. Also consider a move to "fire and forget" logic.
   3. Fixing service detection so it can handle 0-byte captures without
   crashing.
   4. Fixing a segmentation fault in Ncat when scanned with the SSL NSE
   scripts

Cheers!

Sriharsha