Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Zenmap] Slow "Open" for large files

From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 16:51:47 +0530

Jacek,

There are some differences however [1].

"Unlike the StringIO module, this module is not able to accept Unicode
strings that cannot be encoded as plain ASCII strings."
AFAIK, I don't think we have a problem with Unicode that cannot be
encoded as plain ASCII.

"Another difference from the StringIO module is that calling StringIO()
with a string parameter creates a read-only object. Unlike an object
created without a string parameter, it does not have write methods."
This is the line that made me rethink. If you notice the last part in
the patch [2], then I had to modify the code to take care of this (only
because of cStringIO; the older one works fine with StringIO).

Cheers,
Jay

Links:
[1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/stringio.html#module-cStringIO