Nmap Development mailing list archives

Jay's Status Report #6 of 13

From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:17:05 +0530

Hi All!

This is the report for week 6.

Achievements:

  * Analyzed memory usage in Zenmap (in relation to patch at [1]).
    Should help push the patch closer to commit. (See reply on thread
    [1] for analysis)
  * Wrote a patch to catch badly named output files (For example, "-oX
    -sV logfile.xml" used to generate a file named "-sV" before, but
    shows an error now). Committed as revision 33074.
  * Submitted an experimental patch for a --forget-after option to the
    nmap-dev mailing list [2]. Got some feedback and will work on this
    as time permits.
  * Submitted a patch for fixing Zenmap's Cancel Scan leading to
    terminal being in unusable state. Committed as revision 33106.

Priorities:

  * Work on improving OS detection in cases where "tcpwrapped" is detected.
  * Improve upon the Zenmap topology noise patch [3]. However, I'll need
    some feedback before I can do this.
  * Work on how to make the NSE "version" scripts obey the version
    intensity setting.

Cheers,
Jay

PS: I will be submitting next week's report a day late since I am going
on a trip (5th to 7th July).

Links:
[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q2/429
[2] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q2/545