Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Local Commands over SSH Script

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:24:03 +0300

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 03:51:58PM -0500, devin bjelland wrote:
I have been working on a binding for the libssh2 library and various
accompanying scripts. One of the ideas on the script ideas page is a script
to run local commands on a target server over ssh [1]. Several users on the
list suggested this would useful for writing various auditing scripts.
Since this potentially exceeds Nmap's mandate as a network mapper, I
thought I would ask the list for input. Would you use this script? Would
you like to see it integrated into Nmap?

Yes, i believe it's a great feature. I currently use ClusterSSH [1] for running
commands on multiple servers over an ssh connection. While it is great for
interactive sessions, i believe it's not elegant for running single commands.

For example, I would definetely prefer to use Nmap for exporting a report about
file system disk space usage for all of my machines.

Go for it.

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/

--
George Chatzisofroniou