Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap quits after "Zenmark wants to make changes" window on Mavericks 10.9.4 (nmap-6.46, xquartz 2.7.6)

From: Paul Martin <hello () riosunrise com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:46:32 -0600

Dear David,

Yes when I ran the application from zenmap.bin I did get some output:

Pauls-MacBook-Pro:~ paul$ /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/MacOS/zenmap.bin

/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/zenmap.py:179:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python
2.6

Could not import the zenmapGUI.App module:
'dlopen(/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/glib/_glib.so,
2): Library not loaded: /Users/david/macports-10.5/lib/libffi.5.dylib\n
Referenced from:
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/glib/_glib.so\n
Reason: image not found'.

I checked in these directories:

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python26.zip

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-mac

/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-tk

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-old

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload

/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip

    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages

If you installed Zenmap in another directory, you may have to add the

modules directory to the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

I checked my PYTHONPATH var and it is blank. Let me know what further
diagnostics you would like me to execute to help find root cause.

Thanks,

Paul