Nmap Development mailing list archives

Devin's Status Report #12 of 13

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:57:49 -0500

Hi all,

This is my weekly status report for my Google Summer of Code project. This
week I have been sidetracked by a bug in my libssh2 binding. Nsock is
returns a EOF during the ssh2 handshake some of the time. I didn't realize
this until recently as it doesn't happen when testing on the LAN or a VM.
I'm still figuring this one out.

Accomplishments:
-Extended libssh2 binding with function to control ssh channels
-Worked on ssh-run-remote script
-Made some improvements to ssh-publickey-acceptance
-Investigated EOF bug in libssh2 binding (this is what is holding me back
from
merging the finished scripts with /nmap)
-Did benchmarking on ssh-brute

Priorities:
-Fix EOF bug
-Finish ssh-run-remote