Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 6.46 on Android

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 02:34:54 +0200

Hello!

I’ve just cross compiled Nmap 6.46 on Android since I did not do it for a while. If you just need binary, it’s here:
http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-6.46-android-arm-bin.tar.bz2

I see many people try to cross compile Nmap with OpenSSL support. Since I thought OpenSSL part is pretty
straightforward, I did not specify or document OpenSSL part of cross compiling, but still I see there’s lot of
complicated ways people do it. For example, like Gorjan Petrovski here:
http://blog.umitproject.org/2012/05/cross-compilation-of-static-nmap-with.html
In short, compiling of whole Android tree is not necessary. You just need to use same compiler for everything. I’m
assuming you have NDK installed and standalone toolchain in PATH.

Therefore, all the details for building with OpenSSL are here now:
http://k0st.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/nmap-6-46-on-android/

Of course, I have updated wiki as well:
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Android

BTW any reason not to include these scripts in nmap trunk I sent month ago to nmap-dev?
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2014/q2/495
If you're busy, let me know if I can help somehow!

Hope it helps,
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt