Nmap Development mailing list archives

Call for testing: scan_engine.cc refactoring

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 16:42:37 +0200

List,

I just finished most of the work related to splitting scan_engine.cc
into four additional files: scan_engine_connect.{cc,h} and
scan_engine_raw.{cc,h}. I tested my builds under MSVC, LLVM and GCC and
they seem to work fine, but I couldn't test them under every single
operating system, so please pull the latest trunk and see if it still
compiles.

There should be no changes in Nmap behavior. This is just a cosmetic
change - the reason I did this is that scan_engine.cc was in my opinion
already way too big (this was the biggest Nmap source file) which mixed
sniffing, packet creation, connect() and general scanning logic in one
file. I figured that it might also make it easier to port Nmap to
platforms which don't support scan types other than -sT.

Cheers,
Jacek Wielemborek

03.09.2014 16:27, commit-mailer () nmap org: