Nmap Development mailing list archives

[ncat] Listening Unix domain socket and UDP dies on Connect

From: John Schwarz <jschwarz () redhat com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 20:00:23 +0300

Hi guys,

I'm encountering a really weird problem with the latest ncat version
taken from your SVN sources, and hopefully you guys could help me (or
otherwise confirm this is a bug?)

I have an haproxy process which is configured to send logs to a specific
unix domain socket located at some path at the HD. Prior to running the
haproxy, I start a ncat process like so:

ncat --unixsock <path> --output /tmp/logs --listen --unix -vvv

Once haproxy starts and sends the first log message, though, ncat quits
and the printout in [1] is given. Using GDB, I've tracked the "connect:
Invalid argument" to a call to Connect in ncat_listen.c:818 (function
name: ncat_listen_dgram) which produce EINVAL. Furthermore, commenting
out the Connect call and recompiling produces actual log messages being
read by the ncat process.

Do you guys have any ideas what am I doing wrong here?

Much appreciated,

[1]: http://pastebin.com/5xwdWZAE
--
John Schwarz,