Nmap Development mailing list archives

What is the progress on large-scale scans?

From: 江杰 <jerrynwin () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 11:52:46 +0800

Hi list,

I know that you're endeavouring to speed up Nmap scanning for internet-wide
applications[1],but I didn't find any clues in your changelog and mail
list, so i wanna know what's your guys' plan on this? Optimizing DNS
resolution and resource utilization or  adding a new feature to implement a
stateless scan[2] or a distributed scan[3]?

Actually, I was planning to apply for a position on GSoC 2015 to work for
Nmap, but I think it needs a lot of work that maybe we cannot accomplish
this in only a summer, so I must get started right now.

Regards,
Jiang Jie