Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSOC 2015] Developing Nmap on android.

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 02:25:19 -0800

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:01 AM, Pro Gupta <pchemistry.35 () gmail com> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking of working on porting nmap to android this gsoc. I
wonder if there are any java api for nmap present for developing apps or
currently have to built java wrappers over the already developed c code.

Hi Pro Gupta.  People have created Java APIs for Nmap in the distant past,
but I don't know of any that are currently maintained.  And I don't know of
any of them designed for Android.  Of course we have the great work by
Vlatko and crew in cross-compiling Nmap for Android and making a simple
frontend (see [1] and [2]).  But that's not a Java API.

Also, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I feel like you've been posting
too many very similar messages to this list.  Please try to tone it down.
Your messages will go through moderation from now on to help reduce
duplication.

Cheers,
Fyodor

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q1/55