Nmap Development mailing list archives

Interested in GSOC'15 opportunity

From: Deepankar Tyagi <deepankar.tyagi () st niituniversity in>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 15:29:59 +0530

Hi,

I am an undergrad pre-final year student of Computer Science from India.

I am excited about *Porting and documenting Nmap on Android*

I have developed applications on Android platform ( and also experimented
with android kernel )

*Related previous experience* :
https://codebuff.net/current_projects/details/intentio
*(Loosely) Related previous experience* :
https://codebuff.net/experiments/details/android_kernel

I am currently drafting my proposal for the project, and have few queries,
I would be grateful, if someone could please help me in resolving them.

1. After the first goal ie "make Nmap as easy to install" is achieved, then
should I focus on porting GUI first or try to make it  "as powerful as
possible" or can both of these go hand in hand ?

2. Can we have a little discussion on  "as powerful as possible" ie does a
rubric exists to measure this, which can help me in defining the goals and
scope in more refined manner ?

3.Does one need to know about JNI also to accomplish the task ?

4. May I have some more pointers on Zenmap GUI ( I am little skeptical
about it since its parent project UmitProject has been retired ) ?

Some other links :
Info about all of my work available at  https://codebuff.net
Resume : https://codebuff.net/resume
linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/codebuff
Github : https://github.com/codebuff

Apologies for such a long mail filled with links.

Regards.
--
*Deepankar Tyagi*