Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gioacchino's Status Report - #4 of 17

From: Gioacchino Mazzurco <gmazzurco89 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:07:23 +0200

Hi!

This week I have meet with my mentor on schedule, we have discussed how to
improve the patch that solves issue 86 and what to do next. I have proposed a
V2 of the patch according to my mentor suggestions receiving good feedback
from ML.

Moreover I have inspected snmp-brute script and it's ipv6 support [130], I
have generalized it's code so it supports both IPv4 and IPv6 and proposed a
patch that should work but that I could not test because it seems on my system
NSE libpcap doesn't get incoming IPv6 packets while it gets IPv4 both
direction and outgoing IPv6, to make things stranger tcpdump and wireshark
seems not affected.

Next week I'll have limited access to Internet connectivity so I'll probably
be less responsive so we decided to postpone the meeting with my mentor.

[86] https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/86
[130] https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/130