Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: Vulscan - NSE script for vulnerability detection based on version detection

From: Paulino Calderon Pale <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:45:37 -0500

Jiayi,

I like the idea of not displaying the same alert from different databases. However, I don’t think the best approach is
to unify the databases as it will required a lot of work to keep up to date as you mentioned. Do we know how often they
publish these updates? Maybe we can do the matching using the vulnerability name instead. I know this will not be 100%
reliable but it beats having to maintain a database that needs frequent updates.

Ps. I forwarded your email to the list to include them in the discussion.

Begin forwarded message: