Nmap Development mailing list archives

Yang's Status Report - #7 of 17

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:21:51 +0800

Hi all,

Accomplishments:

* Test the bug reported by Rapid7 about winpcap-nmap-4.13.exe.

I wrote the third bat (npcap_test_bug3.bat):

winpcap-nmap-4.13.exe /S
start windump -i 3
nmap -v -A -T4 192.168.0.1

This bat means that windump and nmap will start immediately after
winpcap's silent installation ends. I tried this bat dozens of times
but with no luck to reproduce the failure.

* Modified Nmap to use NPcap first. See below:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/258

* Finished NPcap name and version self-identification task. See below:

https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/134

* Considered about how to control NPcap' driver access to Administrators.

Priorities:

* Improve the interconnection between NPcap and Nmap based on feedbacks.

* Have a meeting with fyodor for the next step.