Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Andrew's Status Report - #7 of 17

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:00:46 +0200

W dniu 16.06.2015 o 08:04, Andrew Jason Farabee pisze:
Accomplishments:
 * I sent out an email regarding decisions that need to be made to
make progress on socks4a support (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/245 ). If you have the time,
please comment on how this might be implemented with low impact on the
current system.
 * Wrote a connectscan script for nmap-nseportscan-socks4a.  This
allowed simple port-scanning and running some scripts through tor and
socks4a proxies.
 * Looked through github issue tracker and TODO for new tasks.
 * Started work on issue 147. (
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/147 ) Finished porting
http-iis-webdav-vuln.nse to vulns library.

Priorities:
 * Test http-iis-webdav-vuln vulns port, possibly using Metasploitable VM.
 * Finish porting the rest of the scripts listed in issue 147 to vulns library.
 * Analysis and testing of 151 ( https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/151 )
 * Analysis and testing of IPv4 fallback patch for issue 157 (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/att-92/diff2.patch ).
Modification as needed.
 * Talk with my mentor about next steps in implementing socks4a support.

I hope everyone is doing well,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I like the report and I'm glad you came up with an idea to test your
improvements! A tiny comment though - could you push untested NSE
scripts to SVN or even make commits as you improve them? That would make
it easier to see your progress. Please remember that things you send to
your branch don't have to be perfect at first.

Cheers,
d33tah