Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SourceForge nmap project analysis

From: "Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman" <buanzo () buanzo com ar>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 07:38:10 -0300

Happy to hear that, F.

As member of the Audacity(R) Team, this provides us with some hope.

Go Nmap!!
On 19 Jun 2015 02:15, "Fyodor" <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

Hi folks.  I'm happy to report that Sourceforge has removed their fake
Nmap page and now just redirects people straight to the official Nmap page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nmap.mirror/

Even though I'm still very disappointed in Sourceforge for abusing the
trust of their users by adding malware to open source packages (and also
tricking them with malware-laden fake download buttons), I'm glad they did
the right thing by removing the fake Nmap page.  Hopefully they will do so
for any other projects which request it as well.  And I'm also hoping that
this time they stick to their promises to stop adding "offers" to 3rd party
installers without consent,  and to cease showing the malware-laden
fake-download-button ads.

Cheers,
Fyodor