Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap GUI start-up script (root mode) patch - fedora support

From: Jerry Dimitrov <jerry.dimitrov () hostwaycorp com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:12:55 +0300

Hello Nmap DEVs,
My name is Jerry and I want to contribute with a little patch in order to enable the current Zenmap root mode start-up script for Fedora.

At the moment, when I try to start-up Zenmap from the "Zenmap (as root)" shortcut (.desktop file) - nothing happens. This is because in Fedora, there is command line tool equivalent to gksu, named beesu (:D) So in order to start Zenmap in "gksu way/style" for Fedora, we need the attached patch.

I am not really sure if we need to add RPM dependencies (beesu dep) patch, but I assume that the answer to this question is "No". Because for Fedora we doesn't include dependency for nmap in order to install zenmap. Also the root priv. start up script, checks whether we have those programs installed.

I want to thank you for this awesome project and please let me know if this is the wrong place/way to communicate/contribute for the Zenmap GUI. The only information that I found for the contribution process/details was from: https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/HACKING I am not really sure if the last one is up-to-date and accurate, so please excuse me, if I'm wrong :)

Let me know if you have further questions or any comments on the patch/contribution process.
Best Regards,
Jerry