Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Gyani's Status Report - #14 of 17

From: Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 22:52:03 +0530

Sorry about the previous email.

Accomplishments :
* This week I continued work on the osinfo library : The library exposes a
function "get_os_info" and has three other classes "UTILITY', "CPE",
"MICROSOFT". The UTILITY class contains functions to fetch the family,
vendor and version of the operating system. The MICROSOFT class contains
parsing specific to the Microsoft Operating systems. The CPE class contains
functions to make a cpe string(encode), make a cpe table(decode) and to
make a cpe string from a given version string. The osinfo library also
contains some test cases and the use of the library can be seen in the
smb-os-discovery script.[1][2]

* I added checks to the xmlrpc-methods script to differentiate between the
three different cases. XMLRPC with introspection enabled, XMLRPC with
introspection disabled, no xmlrpc. Also added a function to clean the
output to fit a 80xX shell. This script fetches allowed methods from an
XMLRPC instance.

* Fixed a bug in the http-methods script that would get triggered if an
http service returned no status code in the response.

* Added dispatch tables for parsing of XML in the ganglia-info script.
Earlier there was a function with multiple if else conditions but now there
are multiple functions and a dispatch table that is used to call these
functions depending on the elemnt attribute combination.

Priorities :

* Add download of files matching a specific pattern or extension.

* Write cctv-brute and find an instance to test the script.

* Review other uncommitted work for possible changes and improvements.

Gyani

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>