Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Unable to get SSL Certificate info for SNMP seriver with nmap ssl-cert

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:11:16 -0500

Venky,

Can you confirm that the SNMP service is actually running SSL? This would
be a highly unusual configuration, but you could test with an independent
tool. What is the output of this command?

openssl s_client -connect <host>:<snmpport>

Instead of SSL do you perhaps have SNMPv3 with encryption enabled?

Dan