Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: BUG: Not showing MAC address of last device in ping scan

From: duh <heyyouthere12000 () aim com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:11:07 -0500

On 11/27/2015 03:07 AM, Jaime Idolpx wrote:
I was doing some testing and noticed that the MAC address of the last device doesn’t get displayed. I’m using Nmap 7.00 on both Windows and Mac and getting the same results. Here is my scan from each.
It also doesn’t show the latency for the last device either.

I’m not complaining, just trying to help by reporting this inconsistency. :)
Thanks for an awesome program.

FWIW and YMMV:
I have experienced something similar. It turns out it was my own IP address that exhibits this characteristic in my case. I verified this (to my satisfaction for my case) by using the 'ifconfig' command.

What differs, though, is that nmap showed my device somewhere in the middle of the list, rather than
at the end. At the moment this difference does not seem to be important.