Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Issues with the macosx/Makefile

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:45:13 -0600

Vincent,

See the info in zenmap/install_scripts/macosx/ for instructions. I can send
more info soon.

Dan
On Feb 12, 2016 3:35 PM, "Vincent Dumont" <contact () vincentdumont com> wrote:

Dear Nmap Developers,

I am writing to you because I am having some difficulties during the
execution of the Makefile located in macosx/ . In fact, my OS is the OSX
10.11.3 and I can’t even run the Makefile from the root of nmap7.01…
To dig a little bit more, I ran it under Ubuntu 14.04 in a VM (works fine
for configuring, making and making install nmap).
But the thing is, I am trying to produce a .dmg (a mac installer to be
short) via the macosx/Makefile, without success.

After spending few hours on it, I am asking for your advice. If you
succeed in launching it and producing a .dmg file, I really would like to
know how you did it!
Having a functional Makefile on my machine would let me bring a new
interface into nmap installer (the .dmg) as show in that post :
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/299

Thank you in advance for your time,
Sincerely yours,

Vincent Dumont