Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: exploits with nmap

From: Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 23:12:33 +0530

Hi Tabish,

Most scripts under the 'default' category are run automatically depending
on the scan results. There are 4 rules 'post rule', 'pre rule', 'port rule'
and 'host rule'. Post rule scripts are run after all the hosts are scanned,
while pre rule scripts are run before even one host is scanned. Port rule
scripts are run on ports or services determined as one of open,
open|filtered, unfiltered by the port scan(after scanning a batch of
hosts), which I guess is what you are trying to pitch. We also have
hostrule scripts that take in a host table and run against matching hosts,
after a batch of hosts is scanned.

Hope I could help. For more see this link[1].

Cheers,
Gyani

[1]https://nmap.org/book/nse-script-format.html

ᐧ

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM, tabish imran <tabish.imran96 () gmail com>