Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: NPCAP Blue screen

From: "Luff, Vince" <vince.luff () anite com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:56:58 +0000

Hi Yang,

Thank you for the bug fix. When will this be in a release?

I am using Windows Virtual PC, 32 bit from Microsoft:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=3702

We install the Microsoft Loopback Adaptor as follows:

public bool InstallNewMsLoopBackAdpt()
        {
            bool retVal = true;
            if (!File.Exists(Constants.File_DevconFile))    // File_DevconFile points to Devcon.exe
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544707(v=vs.85).aspx )
            {
                DebugLog.WriteLine("ERROR : Installation files not copied properly", true);
                return false;
            }
            ///
            string IniFilePath = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Windows);
            IniFilePath = Path.Combine(IniFilePath, "Inf\\Netloop.inf");
            string parameter = "install " + IniFilePath + " *MSLOOP";

            string resp = ConsoleCmd.run(Constants.File_DevconFile, parameter, 2);
            if (!resp.Contains("Drivers updated successfully"))
            {
                DebugLog.WriteLine("ERROR : Failed to create loop back NIC ", true);
                return false;
            }

            return retVal;
        }