Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Compilation fails with "undefined reference to `luaopen_lpeg'"

From: Claudio Moretti <flyingstar16 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 22:52:05 +0000

Hi Dan,

worked perfectly, thanks!

*Nmap version 7.01SVN ( https://nmap.org <https://nmap.org> )Platform:
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnuCompiled with: liblua-5.2.4 openssl-1.0.2g
libpcre-8.38 libpcap-1.7.4 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6Compiled without:Available
nsock engines: epoll poll select*

As for lua5.3, mine was just an attempt, but I had next to zero hopes it
would've actually worked...

Would the port be something GSoC-worthy? I'm not in a position to do it -
my development skills are somewhat nonexistent and so is my free time - but
it might be an interesting project for someone (I don't know to which
extent the API has changed, and your saying "a lot" makes me think it might
be a bit too much)

Claudio

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>