Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script: HTTP Internal IP Address Disclosure

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 08:25:52 -0400

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:21 AM, Josh Amishav-Zlatin <jamuse () gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
wrote:

Josh, I'm planning to merge your script with a few minor modifications
soon. Right now I'm fighting with cloning nmap with git+svn (been a
while since I've committed!).

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for committing. Unfortunately some of the minor modifications broke
the script. Specifically, the 'location' variable now contains the entire
URL (e.g. https://10.40.0.17/images) and not just the internal IP, thus the
ipOps.isPrivate() check fails. The previous version worked properly because
parsed out the IP address from the Location response header into the
'redirectIP' variable and used that in to ipOps.isPrivate() check.

Sorry for the trouble Josh, I reverted that commit.

--
Patrick Donnelly