Nmap Development mailing list archives

npcap issues

From: "Mike ." <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 05:01:50 +0000

so after turning on debugging, i see that the OpenService error is saying it cannot initialize winpcap. so if winpcap
can't be initialized, why can i run ngrep, wireshark and windump? do they not all depend on it? anyway, something i am
confused on. when i installed npcap, i kept winpcap because i wasn't sure if npcap would replace it and my break my
sniffers. do we have to completley unistall winpcap first? and since it was never answered yet, what is that option
"Winpcap API compatible" or something to that effect at the bottom of the installer??

Mike