Nmap Development mailing list archives

[nmap-svn] r36083 - nmap

From: Tudor-Emil COMAN <tudor_emil.coman () cti pub ro>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 11:57:27 +0000

Hi d33tah,

I noticed that scanning the same IP space with -PS80 would yield far less hosts that doing a -Pn -Ss -p 80 and checking
for opened and closed ports.

Investigating what could be the cause I noticed that get_ping_pcap_result() in scan_engine_raw.cc would always return 0.

Always returning 0 would make us receive only one packet per ultra_scan loop and I presume they were being received so
slow that the probes would eventually time out.

Changing the last line in that function from:

return 0;

return goodone;

Seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers,