Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NCAT 7.25BETA2 in Kali 2 Rolling

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:08:11 -0500

Mike,

Thanks so much for pointing this out! We had introduced a bug in option
processing when we added the -z feature. The -n option was being treated as
requiring an argument, so -n -l was treated as -n=-l and -nlv was the same
as -n=lv. One byte removed in r36302 and the issue is now solved. Until we
make another release (or until you grab the latest change from SVN), you
can work around the problem by adding a dummy argument like so: ncat -nn
-lvp <port>

Dan

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Erman, Mike (ES & CSO) <