Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sergey. [Status report 10/17]

From: Sergey Khegay <g.sergeykhegay () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 05:35:50 -0400

[Report 10/17]
Hello Nmap Community,

Accomplishments:

- Found the reason that led to a huge memory consumption. As it turned
  out, libssh2 sessions were not freed properly.

  All my attempts to fix this behaviour lead to segmentation faults in
  the Lua engine for reasons I do not know yet, since libssh2 sessions
  are not related to Lua memory management.

- Added two optional arguments to the unpwdb library, `user` and `pass`.
  Now it is possible to specify a single username or password without
  need to create a custom file.

  If `userdb` and `user` are both specified, then the preference is
  given to the `user` argument. The same is true for `passdb` and
  `pass`, only `pass` will be used.

  Example:
    nmap --script-args user=raskolnikov,pass=axe

    nmap --script-args user=nmap,userdb=/tmp/usr.lst is equivalent to
    nmap --script-args user=nmap

Goals:
o: Properly resolve memory consumption bug.
o: Improve Linux/OS X build system with integrated libssh2

Best regards,
Sergey