Nmap Development mailing list archives

weird bad restore point message when installing

From: Ben L <benl234 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:27:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I just installed the currrent Windows binary using the .exe installer, installing it over a previous version of nmap,
7.01 I believe.

During the Npcap install it said it was creating a restore point.  A while later a msgbox popped up saying, "

System restore completed successfully. The system has been restored to 10/28/16 12:12:06 am. Your documents have not
been affected."

I think this didn't happen, since a registry change I made recently is still there, and there are several more recent
restore points still listed in system restore.  Also the restore point created by Npcap is there.

I am running Windows 7.

I skimmed a search at http://insecure.org/search.html  for "restore" and didn't find this problem.

Thank you,

-Ben