Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap 7.40 for Mac OS X Sierra, latest update not working

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:43:53 -0600

Jim,

Thanks for the report. The "total failure" message is given when the
authorization wrapper for Zenmap is unable to execute an AppleScript
string. I'm not sure of the cause in your case, but a workaround would be
to bypass the authorization wrapper, running Zenmap without root
privileges. You can do this by directly calling the zenmap.bin executable
inside Zenmap.app. In most cases, this is
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/MacOS/zenmap.bin . I think you can use
sudo to directly request root privileges.

I've updated the error message to be a little more explicit, and hopefully
the next release will solve this problem for you. I think it is related to
the /Applications/Applications installation path problem (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2017/q1/55), which will definitely be solved
in all future releases.

Dan

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:41 PM, James J Solderitsch <