Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Get value in IncompleteRead exception

From: nnposter <nnposter () users sourceforge net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:51:47 -0600

On 3/13/17 3:47 PM, Vinamra Bhatia wrote:
Greetings All,
So i spent my day figuring out the stuffs. I was wrong when i said that
my response.status is 400 in case of vulnerable web path.
I was getting a nil response when i was trying to do response.post with
the specially configured payload.
So, I tried to apply the patch sent by you and see if I can get the
partial output, but I didnt.
response.partial was still returning me nil. I tried going through
http.lua code to see what can be done to do that but didnt succeed in that.
I used WireShark to capture the TCP Stream to see what actually i was
receiving.
I am attaching the WireShark TCP Stream. As the response was broken(The
vulnerabilty is such that we receive a broken response on this
particular payload against vulnerable host and Content-Type was missing
in response.header in TCPStream attached below), The http.post was only
returning nil values. Anyways, a much cleaver idea has already been
implemented in a script for the same issue.
I still feel that there should be a way to return partial as it might
make things easier in some cases and I will try to work on the same.

The stream appears to be missing the terminating chunk. Please roll back
the previous patch and give this updated patch a try.

If it still does not work then please attach the actual pcap (not just a
stream dump) and the output from your script with -d -d .

Cheers,
nnposter