Nmap Development mailing list archives

Idea for Improvement

From: Piyush Goyal <piyush.goyal2021 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 23:36:49 +0530

Sir/Ma'am,

As I've been using Nmap from a long time, I find if there is some added
feature in it, it can surpass all it's rivals.

Idea-
*Whitelist/Blacklist- *All the new Services on a network are put in a list
which then can be identified easily. It will work as Perfect IDS.

*Background Monitoring- *Nmap if optimized enough to always run in
background and monitor all the network usage, traffic and services can
increase the protection against nearly all sorts of Network attacks.

*Saved User Settings- *many users use nearly the same command with same
options every time for scanning the IP addresses. If a user can save his
preferences, then he/she would not have to type all options or remember
them. Just put his user id after IP address.

So, these are 3 ideas for now that I suggest.
Also, It would be a Lifetime opportunity for me if I could work with Nmap
Team in Implementing and crafting new ideas even if it is on Internship
Basis. Please Consider me for your organization, I want to Contribute too.

Thanking You.
--
Regards,
Piyush Goyal