Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: Reg: Protocol divisioning in the tcp packets

From: Akash Das <akash210197 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:30:48 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 11, 2017 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: Reg: Protocol divisioning in the tcp packets
To: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>

Hello Dan,
Thanks for the reply,
By protocols I meant ipv6 and ipv4 only.
I had a doubt that in the IP layer the datagram has a slot of 1 byte
address for defining the upper layer protocol that is used. At present nmap
has a way of defining what to use tcp,udp or e.t.c.
I was thinking that instead of specifying this can we have a random
selection of the protocol to use which is best for the network architecture.

Thanks,
With regards,
Akash Das