Nmap Development mailing list archives

Wai Tuck's GSOC status report #2 of 17

From: Wong Wai Tuck <wongwaituck () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 19:20:13 +0000

Hey all,

Finally back home in Singapore!

Accomplishments:
* Signed copyright assignment
* Read Programming in Lua book as recommended by my mentor, got a much
better understanding of the language and its history
* Read NSE chapter of the Nmap book, watched Fyodor's Black Hat 2010
presentation on NSE - I have a clearer idea on how NSE fits into the whole
Nmap ecosystem!
* Skimmed through the MS17-010 script (I realize there's a number of people
working on this already so I didn't focus on this)

Priorities:
* Finish reading other resources - SVN, the NSE book, current NSE scripts
* Make small improvements to current scripts as I read them, get used to
the development cycle
* Propose exploit scripts to be developed on the dev mailing list and
elicit feedback
* Discuss design plan and final timeline with mentor

Thank you all and have a great week ahead.

With Regards
Wong Wai Tuck