Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vinamra Bhatia - GSoC Status Report #5 of 17

From: Vinamra Bhatia <vinamrabhatia8 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 09:08:01 +0530

Hello all,

This is my 5th week status report for GSoC 2017.

Accomplishments:

1. Made a first draft for a new XSS Script. The previous XSS
Scripts(http-stored-xss) tries to detect XSS with POST in forms and
http-output-escaping tries to detect XSS with GET by putting payloads in
the URL. The new script uses both GET and POST and creates a better use
case for the users.
2. Made a first draft of a new payloads file that the script will take
payloads from, to be put in nselib/data/http-xss-payloads.lst
3. Read a few SMB Scripts. We plan to implement a few of new SMB scripts
soon.

Priorities:
1. Get the script and payloads file reviewed, solve the errors and commit
it to the main trunk.
2. Start working on a new scripting idea which was discussed with the
mentor.

Thats all for this week. Thank you all and have a great week ahead.

Regards,
Vinamra.