Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Feature Request - Include Ports in -iL option

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 08:34:51 -0500

lambda,

Yes, this has been requested many times. It has not been added as a feature
because it's not an easy fit with the current data structures and execution
model that Nmap uses. The scan engine uses the a single scan_lists
structure to specify what ports to scan for all targets. In order to skip
some ports for some hosts, it would require extensive reworking.

The most likely way ahead for your request would be integration of the
"port scanning from NSE" functionality [1] that has already been submitted
[2] and is waiting for full review. With this functionality, we could write
a "port scanning" script that would read your input and inform Nmap that
the ports in question are open with or without further checking. Then the
rest of the scan (version detection, NSE script scanning, etc.) could
proceed as usual.

Dan

[1]
https://secwiki.org/w/GSoC_community_ideas/Exploring_port_scanning_from_within_NSE