Nmap Development mailing list archives

CrossCompile - mmap - arm

From: Kris Armstrong <kris.armstrong () me com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 17:54:43 -0600

HI,

First let me state I am new to this and could use some guidance

I am attempting to cross compile nmap 7.40 for arm and create a static nmap binary.  The binary is created
successfully; however, it remains dynamic.  I’m not sure where to go from here.

Here are the commands used and the output of a file

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --without-subversion --without-liblua --without-zenmap --with-pcre=/usr
--with-libpcap=included --with-pcap=linux --with-libdnet=included --without-ndiff --without-nmap-update --without-ncat
--without-liblua --without-nping --without-openssl

make static

make install

file nmap

nmap: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.3, for
GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=58ed7ba79660d8ceb0f3f5ce57fec7687d083a2d, not stripped

Questions.
Is it possible to create a fully static binary of nmap?
If not how would I find out which libraries are needed.  Typically I can run an ldd <binaryname> however the system I
am on is x64 so it can’t tell me what binaries are needed for the arm binary