Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] smb-vuln-ms17-010.nse: Script to detect ms17-010

From: Tinker Fairy <nmap () tinkerfairy net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 19:17:16 -0500

Robert,

I have encountered two difficulties that cause the behavior you are describing:
1) newer windows versions default to DisableStrictNameChecking = false which requires the server name on SMB requests.

I have opened a pull request with a feature addition to be compatible with this new default.
https://github.com/cldrn/nmap-nse-scripts/pull/7

2) there is some kind of bug with newer Windows and the SPNEGO code in the SMB library. As a temporary workaround you
can set sp_nego=true on line 1319 of nselib/smb.lua

With both of those issues taken care of, I've scanned tens of thousands of mixed version windows servers from 2003 to
2016.

Good luck!

-TinkerFairy