Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Wai Tuck's GSOC status report #13 of 17

From: Athanasios Manolis <thanmanolis () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:05:10 +0300

Στις 8 Αυγ 2017 08:45, ο χρήστης "Wong Wai Tuck" <wongwaituck () gmail com>
έγραψε:

Was working on SMBloris this week, and it turns out to be much more
difficult to reliably implement than expected...

Accomplishments
- Made pull request for exploit.lua [1]
- Read through marcan's implementation of smbloris [2] and attempted to
implement smbloris with raw tcp packets - stopped when I saw zerosum0x0
publish his version of the script [3]
- Read through zerosum0x0's original implementation of smbloris and
reimplemented it in NSE, but I do not get the same reliable results (I can
only get ~700mb - 3Gb utilized, depending on the level of max-parallelism)
despite the same code - I believe this has to do with how NSE handles
threads and may think of a way to work around that soon!

Priorities
- Make pwdprofiling library
- Finish smbloris script

[1]: https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/960