Nmap Development mailing list archives

Oracle SID file CRLF issue

From: Anant Shrivastava <anant.shrivastava () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 05:20:37 +0530

Hi Folks,

I have been messing with nmap and realized somewhere in last 2 years the
file nselib/data/oracle-sids is reverted back to being CRLF line
terminated. This has unintended effects on the oracle-sid-brute scripts.
Looking at the revision log it looks like this file was last modified to
remove these issues however i can confirm on both mac latest version and
kali latest version as well as the svn co of the repository the file has
CRLF endings.

The simplest fix is to do a dos2unix on that file. i have included a patch
with exactly that same thing done.

This will be my first contribution to nmap, so feel free to throw bricks
and suggest if i am doing anything wrong.

Anant Shrivastava
Web : http://anantshri.info