Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Port 9050 Question

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 22:25:18 -0500

Jarrod,

"filtered" means that something is blocking communication on that port. It
does not indicate that anything is using that port. On the contrary, if the
port is filtered, it is less likely that it is being used by anything. Most
likely, the client's network or your own network is configured to block
communications on port 9050, possibly in an attempt to prevent
communication over SOCKS proxies.

Dan

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 12:41 AM Jarrod Fodemski <jfodemski () thinktankntg com>